Members of each of the staff unions can receive support from staff representatives at Surrey on a range of workplace issues. Reps have ‘day-jobs’ in a range of Departments at the University, and they volunteer their time to help those who need it. Union members may also be entitled to legal advice/representation. Those experiencing financial and emotional difficulties may be eligible for additional support from their union. There are a wide range of membership benefits, including access to education and training. You can see more by clicking the links on the Contact page.

University staff can also access a range of wellbeing support services offered on campus. Our understanding (following a response to our questions on this issue) is that those individuals who have been outsourced are not able to access all these services. You can find more details of some of the support available via the links below:

Centre for Wellbeing (intranet)

MySurrey Support Services 

Report + Support: Mental Health and Wellbeing

Report + Support: 24 hour support

General help and advice

The following websites provide information, help and advice on most issues that affect you at work or at home.

Citizens Advice Bureau – England and WalesHelp and advice on a wide range of social, financial and legal problems for people in England and Wales.

Gov.UKInformation from most UK government departments and agencies for people living in England and Wales.

Education Support
Free independent support for work related stress for anyone in the education sector.

Money and pensions

Pensions Advisory ServiceIndependent advice and guidance on pensions.

Money Advice ServiceFree advice for managing your money, including information on money matters if you are separating or getting a divorce.

PayplanFree and confidential debt management advice and help.